EG4xxx (eGauge Core, eGauge Pro)
The EG4xxx has multiple MAC addresses depending on which interface is used.
The MAC address listed on the device label is the MAC address for the HomePlug interface and will be seen in DHCP leases if using HomePlug communication. It can also be found in the LCD screen in Info -> MAC.
If using Ethernet-direct, the MAC address is 2 greater than the MAC on the label.
The eGauge has one or two MAC addresses, depending on model. The first address is for Ethernet network communication (through the router or local area network). The second MAC address is associated with HomePlug power-line communication, and is only present in the EG301x model line.
The Ethernet MAC address (for EG300x and EG301x) may be found:
- On the back of the eGauge main unit
- On the installation information sheet (if EG300x)
- Displayed on the "Status" page (http://DEVNAME.egaug.es/status.html - requires username and password, replace DEVNAME with the device name of your device)
- On the packaging sleeve included with the eGauge (if EG300x)
The HomePlug MAC address (for EG301x) may be found:
- On the installation information sheet
- On the packaging sleeve included with the eGauge
Either MAC address may be used for device registration or verification of ownership. The MAC address associated with a HomePlug adapter (not the eGauge unit) may not be used for this purpose.