We have a new knowledgebase at kb.egauge.net!
This article can be found HERE.
RS485 to Ethernet Converter
Current manufacturer information: Chiyu model BF-430
The Chiyu BF-430 is an RS-485/RS-232 to Ethernet converter. It is required for serial communication to third-party devices (for example, Modbus RTU) on older eGauge models without USB ports or to communicate over a network rather than serial line directly to the eGauge. eGauge models with USB ports can utilize the eGauge USB485 (RS485 to USB adapter) instead.
1x RS485 to Ethernet Converter
- Ensure proper voltage and serial connections are made.
- Do not apply power to both barrel jack and voltage terminals.
- A power supply is not included, and must be sourced based on installation requirements.
- Supply power must be between 9Vdc and 30Vdc.
- Serial settings are configured in software on the BF-430 and must be set correctly for use.
- Set the DIP switch in the upper left to 485 (or 232, if using the RS232 terminal connections).
- Connect the Ethernet (RJ45) to the local network.
- Connect the 485+ and 485- to the appropriate connections on the remote serial device (or RS232 if used instead).
- Apply power to the BF-430 using a barrel jack or 9~30V+ and 9~30V- terminals appropriately.