We have a new knowledgebase at kb.egauge.net!
This article can be found HERE.
Multitech Cellular Modem
Current manufacturer information: Multitech model MTE-LAT6-B07
The Multitech cellular modem is a cellular to Ethernet modem that can provide the eGauge unit with internet access on a 4G LTE T-Mobile or AT&T network.
A compatible SIM card and data plan is required for use with the Multitech cellular modem. eGauge Systems can provide T-Mobile unlimited data plans for use with the Multitech cellular modem.
- Multitech cellular modem kit
- 1x Multitech cellular modem
- 2x Antenna
- 1x 120V Power Adapter
- 1x Ethernet cable
- 4x Rubber feet stickers
- 1x DIN rail mounting stick
- Cellular router accessory Kit
- 2x Rubber O-Ring
- 2x Extension Cable (short, SMA)
- 1x DIN rail mounting clips (black)
- Metered (not unlimited) data plans can accrue charges for data overages. eGauge recommends against using metered data plans without extensive testing for data usage. Data usage is not fully predictable and will greatly vary with interface access. See this article for additional information on data usage.
- Ensure both antennas are connected to the modem for best signal.
- Do not install the antennas inside a metal enclosure, underground, or anywhere the signal may be blocked or degraded.
If a dataplan is purchased at the same time as the Multitech cellular modem, the modem will come with the SIM card pre-installed and configured for T-Mobile.
Example setup for installing inside enclosure
- If using a non-eGauge data plan, insert the SIM card to the cellular modem according to the Multitech quick start guide that comes with the modem.
- If applicable, attach the DIN rail mounting stick and DIN rail clips to the Multitech cellular modem and mount in the enclosure.
- Connect the 2 SMA antenna extension cables to the Multitech antenna ports, and into pre-drilled holes on the enclosure. Use the 2 rubber O-rings to make a watertight seal.
- Attach the 2 antennas to the extension cables.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the eGauge to the Multitech cell modem.
- Plug the power supply into a 120V outlet and the barrel jack to the Multitech modem.
Software configuration Information
When purchased with a dataplan, eGauge Systems pre-configures and tests the modems with the T-Mobile data plan purchased.
- Multitech Cell Modem Configuration and troubleshooting (MTE-LAT6-B07, and MTE-LAT2-B07 models)
Technical information and documentation
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 Spec sheet
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 User Guide
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 Quick Start Guide
- How much data does the eGauge use?
- Multitech MTR-H5 cellular modem configuration (legacy)
- Maestro E206XT cellular modem configuration (legacy)